In Proud Partnership with
In 2014, we managed to score some old bougainvilleas about to be thrown away. A whole bakkie load was collected. My youngest son was busy with a school project at the time, but offered to help me pot these trees, that have been lying in the hot Zululand sun for far too long.
He was also due to submit a community project and had no idea what he could do. Except that he wanted to do something to raise funds to help an anti-poaching rhino team. Because three of the trees were too big for me to handle, I offered these to him. This was by no means a quick money making project, but we feel that now, two of the trees are ready to start working for our beautiful rhinos. We contacted Stop Rhino Poaching and they have been amazingly patient and keen on our project.
Initial sticks and dead trunks:
Some time later:
This one will be entered into our raffle competition shortly.
- This tree is in a bonsai pot and has had some preliminary styling.
- It is suited to advanced bonsaiists and beginners.
- The Bougainvillea has a base of 60cm in circumference and is 50cm high. It is in a 45 x 15 cm pot.
- It has cerise coloured flowers.
- It is well rooted.
- BOUGIE B (on the right of the picture)
- This tree is in a training pot and very limited styling has been attempted.
- It lends itself to some fun carving for the right person.
- Suited to the advanced bonsai artist – unless someone offers to style it for us before we raffle it.
- The base has a circumference of 78cm and it is 102 cm high.
- It is well rooted.
BOUGIE C (on the left of the picture)
1. This tree is in a training pot and no styling has been attempted.
2. This is definitely not for the faint-hearted.
3. Suited to the advanced bonsai artist – unless someone offers to style it for us before we raffle it.
4. The base has a circumference of 99cm and it is 75cm high.
5. It is well rooted.
- ALL proceeds will go to the protection of rhinos.
- The judges reserve the right to extend the competition until such time as enough tickets have been sold.
- Collection will be for the account of the prize winner, unless suitable sponsorship can be raised.
- Raffle tickets are R50.00 a ticket for BOUGIE A
- Raffle tickets are R50.00 a ticket for BOUGIE B
- Raffle tickets for BOUGIE C are not yet available, but you are welcome to make an offer.
- Competition is open to all South African citizens only, but international bonsaiists are welcome to make a donation to STOP RHINO POACHING in the name of the BONSAI4RHINO PROJECT.
Bonsai people care about rhino’s.
PLEASE BUY A TICKET:
To reserve your ticket, please choose a letter and a number (ie B6), make a payment or donation to:
For direct deposits / EFT donations, kindly forward a payment notification to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com. Once we have received confirmation that your payment has been received, you will receive a confirmation notification. Your reference number in your block will change from BLACK to RED.
Acct Name: Stop Rhino Poaching NPC
Acct type: Cheque
Acct number: 62348792517
Branch code: 251037
SWIFT code for use by international donors – FIRNZAJJ